Riverside High School's
Oregon Fire Update Meeting
Date: August 23, 2023
Subject: Riverside High School's Oregon Fire Update Meeting
Chief Martin attended this morning's Riverside High School Oregon Fire update meeting. This picture shows those in attendance.
- People are flying drones in the fire area causing concern for fire-fighting aircraft. If drones are flying we cannot fly.
- Reports of people target practicing in the burnt-out fire areas causing firefighters to leave the area. Please no shooting in fire areas.
- Red Cross and other organizations are available to assist and were able to meet with representatives after the meeting.
- T Mobile has on site trailers available to help people with their services.
- If you are returning to your home be careful of of hazardous chemicals and conditions.
- If you see downed power lines do not approach and consider them to be live.
- All presenters expressed sorrow and concern for those families who had suffered in the fire and lost their homes.
There will be an announcement later today with new downgrades to some of the evacuation areas because of yesterday's rain and firefighting progress.
On the left is Mary Kuney, Spokane County Commissioner 4th District Commissioner Board Chair, and to the right of Chief Martin is Suzanne Schmidt, State Representative 4th Legislative District.
Chief Brad Martin is shown here attending Riverside High School's Oregon Fire update meeting.
Read today's Oregon Fire update on Nixle: Oregon Fire Update and Evacuation Level Update August 23, 2023
Public Information Officer